Current Vacancy: Field Program Coordinator – Education, Nabha
Please read the entire job description before applying for the position. The application process is detailed at the bottom of this page.
The Nabha Foundation is committed to the economic, social and cultural development of Nabha, Punjab. Currently, the Foundation works to fulfil this commitment by engaging in programs in the areas of Education, Health, Women Empowerment, Sustainable Agriculture, Youth Employability, Social Entrepreneurship and Heritage.
The Field Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall academic support, administration and operation of Nabha Foundation schools under the supervision of Head of office, Nabha and Delhi based Director/s. S/he will be expected to ensure the improvement of the quality of education in Nabha Foundation schools and will also support the Director/s in conducting pre-service, in-service and on-site training of teachers spread across six village schools in Nabha. S/he will require to have excellent understanding of progressive school education practices, pedagogy and curriculum. Along with this, S/he will also be responsible for its operational management, community mobilization, implementation of Right to Education Act in schools and liasoning with stakeholders such Education department officials & Panchayat Members. The position will require extensive and continuous field work in rural Nabha.
- Ensure continuous improvement in quality of education in schools
- Providing on-site academic support and training to over 23 teachers as per the curriculum
- Ensure smooth functioning of School Management Committees in schools
- Supervising operation of schools in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, regulations and operational procedures
- Stakeholder Liasoning – Government education officials, Panchayat Representatives and others.
- Responsible for regular project documentation and reporting including School MIS (Collecting all school and child progress data and updating it on a monthly basis)
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Education or equivalent
• Three to five years of field-based experience in managing school education programs
(at least two years experience in curriculum development and training of teachers)
• Good verbal and written communication skills in Punjabi and English
• Proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duty station: Nabha, Punjab (Near Patiala)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION AND CV
Only motivated applications, which address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV will be considered. Please provide references, but do not attach any written recommendations.
Please email the application and CV, in English and marked “Field Program Coordinator – Education, Nabha, Punjab”, no later than 5th March 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org